how to become an in motion school?
In motion schools are committed to helping every student participate in 30 minutes of physical activity every day. To achieve this, it’s important to have an in motion Champion – a teacher or administrator who is passionate about physical activity.
As an in motion Champion, you’ll be a leader in the school, helping to build support for physical activity by sharing in motion information with staff, students and families. In motion Champions are encouraged to form an in motion team that includes student leaders and parents. Teams work together to develop initiatives to support and promote physical activity by enhancing the social and physical environment of the school.
In motion Champions receive a number of resources and supports to assist them in reaching their goals, which include:
- in motion school Resource for Children and Youth
- Teacher in-service opportunities
- Invitations to in motion events
- Opportunities to build an in motion school team
- in motion School banner
- Email and Facebook communications
- Monthly challenges
- Connection to leading and best practices
- Supports provided through the in motion School Action Committee
The majority of Saskatoon Health Region schools are already in motion. If you would like to become an in motion school Champion, contact us today!