How to become an in motion workplace?
The Saskatoon Health Region has over 300,000 people within its geographic region, as well as a large number of workplaces. With the aid of individuals and their networks, we can spread the word and help support and encourage physical activity in the workplace. This is where our in motion Champions come in!
As a Champion in your workplace, you will:
- Be a role model and make active healthy lifestyle choices.
- Promote active lifestyles in your workplace/unit. Feel free to be creative – what we provide are only suggestions. Choose what works best for your group.
- Share information. You can post in a common area and/or distribute to the staff in your area via e-mail, post, etc.
- Provide feedback on how things are going, new ideas that could be implemented and/or anything else you would like to share.
- Promote the in motion strategy by sharing information and encouraging activity at your staff meetings, during coffee and lunch breaks, etc.
Interested in promoting the benefits of an active, healthy lifestyle in your workplace? We can give you the tools you need to encourage all employees to be active at work and on their own. Contact us today!